Machine Head…

More tinkering to share.

This was a Green Monster “Build It Yourself” machine kit that I got a few years back.  The first picture is from Eikon’s site and is what the machine looks like built with no modifications or changes.

The second photo is after I went to work on the frame with a drill, sand paper and a metal file.  I think I broke two of the smallest drill bits whilst punishing this hunk o’ metal… sorry dad ;)

The last picture is after I painted it a mellow yellow and rebuilt everything.  I am calling it the “Swiss Monster” now.  My current power setup for my rotary machines uses an 1/8″ headphone-style cable, so I added a converter to the machine, and voila she works! ( I also added one to my Mickey Sharpz Microdial)

I tuned this machine not back to the color shader that it was supposed to be originally (my long stroke Neotat Rotary throws that down pretty well), but went by Joshua Carlton’s setup for a smooth, fast-running black and gray shader from his “In The Studio” DVDs.  I am excited to see how it works out for me.

I am pretty well sold on using rotary machines, but I am always fascinated by coil machine work and tuning.  I still would like to learn more and play around with it in the future.

Thanks for stopping by!


Leave a comment

No comments yet.

Comments RSS TrackBack Identifier URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

  • Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new Barbarino goodness!

    Join 929 other followers