Davide…

Back to the actual arts!

I have had this done for a little while now, but could NOT get a good picture of the final piece… I kept getting all sorts of glare off of the graphite!  Today I was finally victorious! (oh, and if any of you feel like playing Santa, I could really use a decent digital camera ;)

This is my most recent attempt at black and gray realism.  I am pretty happy with it, even though it took me FOREVER to complete.  For my next attempt, I have picked up some actual tattoo pointers when it comes to realism, so I am going to implement those and, with any luck, speed up my process.  I am really enjoying doing these B & G works (even if they make me pull my hair out at times!), so I can’t wait to start my next one.

I was able to include some progress shots again… Check ’em out!

Thanks for stopping by!

Oh, baby…

Here’s a little practice I finished about a week and a half to two weeks ago.  I tried to stay on the realistic side with the infant skull, while poking around in the realm of color alteration whilst doing so.  The lilies I kept more basic and a bit more illustrative, so as not to draw too much attention away from the  main focus.

I chose to do a fetal/infant skull this time because I found it’s impact to be a bit stronger than your normal adult skull and I found its extra cracks and crevices to be extremely interesting to work with.  Beyond that, I can’t say that I have seen a lot of art involving them.  The lilies were used because, quite frankly, I was tired of using roses and wanted to branch out in a different direction.

Enough rambling.

Thanks for stopping by!

 

 

Take two…

Here’s another attempt at a black and gray skull.  I think it turned out pretty decent.  There are, naturally, a few areas that I don’t like and a few things that I feel could be improved.  Same layout and method as the previous one, although this time I really tried to focus on more contrast and depth, creating more mid-tones and highlights.

 

 

 

It’s interesting to see the difference in my art within just a few months.  I am curious to see where I will be a year from now…

Thanks for stopping by!

First attempt…

Here’s my first attempt at playing around with black and gray shading in a realistic manner.  It was interesting to do so without any solid lines, instead relying solely on shading edges darker.  I used tracing paper over the top of a picture of a model skull, to establish where I wanted shadows and varying values. From there, I taped the tracing paper to another sheet and used the photo as reference, adding in my own texture and removing teeth as I saw necessary.

Thanks for stopping by!

 

  • Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new Barbarino goodness!

    Join 929 other followers